Galveston Family Law Attorneys
Helping You Navigate Your Family Law Dispute in Galveston County, TX
Life sometimes throws unexpected curve balls, and you need to be prepared. When you are facing divorce proceedings or other family law disputes in Galveston County, you need a legal team who can be by your side and help you through the challenging process. At The Law Offices and Mediation Center of Susan M. Edmonson, we are committed to treating every family law matter with the highest level of compassion and care.
Contact our Galveston family law attorneys at (409) 239-0100 to discuss the right path forward.
Our Galveston County family law attorneys will work directly with you to create a case strategy that represents your best interests and protects your rights. Our attorneys understand dealing with a family law issue can be emotionally challenging and will take as much of the legal burden off your shoulders as we can so you can focus on healing.
How Our Galveston County Family Law Attorneys Can Help
As a firm focused on family law, we take great care in handling each case we take. Our lawyers take the time to listen to and understand our clients’ specific situations so we can create a case strategy that works best for their circumstances.
There are several situations that could arise necessitating the services of our experienced Galveston County family law attorneys, including:
- Divorce – When a couple files for divorce, there are numerous issues to be addressed, including property division, child custody, child support, and alimony. We can help you fight for a fair settlement in all matters pertaining to your divorce. While many divorces can be handled through mediation, we are prepared to take your case to trial to pursue the outcome you deserve.
- Child Custody – One of the most heart-wrenching family legal disputes are those that involve custody of children. Our legal team has extensive experience helping parents obtain child custody arrangements that are fair and in the best interest of the child.
- Child Support – Whether you are seeking financial support for your child or being required to pay, you need a strong legal advocate on your side who can ensure your rights remain protected. Our family law attorneys are known for obtaining the best outcomes for our clients.
- Modification & Enforcement – If you believe there is a valid reason to change an existing support order, custody ruling, or visitation schedule, contact us, and we can help you decide the right way to proceed. On the other hand, if your former spouse is not paying court-ordered support payments or is not allowing you regular visitations with your child, you may need to file a contempt or enforcement action. We are happy to review your existing agreement and help you file the proper documents to enforce these orders.
- Adoption – Adoption by stepparents or a private adoption is exciting. You should work with a team of attorneys who can help you to make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible. We can help you through the adoption process in Galveston, Harris, Chambers, and Brazoria Counties.
- Name Changes – There may be legal reasons to change either your name or that of your child. This process requires filing specific documents with the courts and attending a hearing. We would be glad to help you through this process and ensure the right documents are prepared and filed.
Call Our Galveston Family Law Attorneys
The Law Offices and Mediation Center of Susan M. Edmonson has offices located in Galveston and Seabrook, Texas. Contact us for all of your family legal matters and let us help you get prepared for the future.
Get in touch with us today by filling out our online contact or calling our firm at (409) 239-0100 to schedule your initial consultation. Our experienced Galveston family law attorneys serve residents of Galveston County and the surrounding areas.
Meet Our TeamOver Seven Decades of Combined Legal Experience
I would highly recommend them.- Rufus H.
I would 100% recommend!- Skyler S.
Great legal team!- Neel S.
From the kind faces at the front desk to Susan’s incredible competence and knowledge of the law, every minute of my experience working with this firm was exceptional.- Victoria L.
Edmonson Law Offices have always done great work with our wills, estate work, power of attorney's and realestate work. Thanks to them we've been able to get numerous difficult matters settled. Thanks Edmonson Law.- David G.