Changing Your Name After a Divorce

I got a divorce several years ago and did not change my last name. Is it too late or can I change my name now?

You can change your name at any time by filing a civil lawsuit in the county in which you live. A name change case is a fairly simple matter requiring a petition, along with your fingerprints, to be filed with the court and a hearing date, at which the Judge will grant your name change. To prepare the suit, your attorney will need to know your current legal name, your desired name, your date and place of birth, your Driver’s License and Social Security numbers, and any information regarding your criminal history.

The staff at the Law Offices of Susan M. Edmonson are experienced in handling Name Change cases and are ready to answer your questions. If you are interested in changing your name, call the Law Offices of Susan M. Edmonson and get started today.