Job/Income Changes & Child Support

If I were to lose my job or my income decreased, what do I do about my Child Support Obligation?’

Child Support is an Order of the Court and remains in effect until the Court’s Order changes. To change the amount of Child Support you pay, you must ask the Court to modify its prior Order. A Motion to Modify the Child Support Obligation will have to be filed with the Court, the other parent must be given notice of the request for modification, and a Hearing must be held. This process can take several months, so contact Edmonson Law as soon as you become aware that there is, or will be, a change in your income.